15 March 2007

Balloons


I drove to work yesterday (as I usually do). I was feeling pleased that I had managed to get away slightly earlier than usual. So I was pretty disgusted when it took 45 minutes to get to work, usually it takes 20-25 minutes depending on the traffic. As I came up to the large roundabout at Phillip I found the cause of the traffic congestion - two hot air balloons, Credit Union of Canberra and Questacon, where both down on the middle of the roundabout and their support crews where trying to reinflate them. In true Canberra style, all drivers had turned into rubber necks!!! Once onto Adelaide avenue, the traffic flowed freely again. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me, so was unable to get a photo of the whole thing, checking the paper this morning I did not see it either.

No comments: