22 May 2008

Global Corporate Challenge

As you know I love travel, and now I have found a way to travel and see the family every day and maybe get fit at the same time!!!

I and seven of my colleagues at work have formed a team called the "Sole Sistaz" and we have entered the "Global Corporate Challenge". This challenge is to walk 10,000 steps per day for the next 125 days!!! Today was day one and I personally walked approximately 14,000 steps according to my pedometer. The day started with a brisk walk (it is Canberra and cold) with Millie (4,000 steps), followed by a team walk at lunch (another 4,000). The team walk at lunch included all teams at my work, there are about five teams.

Check out the website and see which other companies are competing.

The idea behind this is that we walk across the world and today we started in South America, in Val Paraiso, and at the end of today we have travelled to Vina Del Mar. On the website it gives me information about where I am and what is interesting to see, what the local food is (very important to me) and local customs. I will let you know where and how I go over the next few days.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Good for you!