23 May 2008

Arrival in Vina Del Mar

Having entered my steps yesterday I could see that the company I work for was about 95 in the world, checked again at lunch time today we are 198. A little later this afternoon we were at 360 and seconds ago I checked where LWA are and we are going gangbusters to 565th in the world - I should have stopped yesterday:)


A little about Vina Del Mar, it is known as the vineyard by the sea - I hope I get to try some of the wine while I am here!!!! The classic food is Empanadas: pastry filled with meat, cheese or mussels, and its population is 275,982. The city is the birth place of Alberto Hurtado, the second Chilean Catholic saint and founder of the Hogar de Cristo (Home of Christ) foundation, writer Maria Luisa Bombal, the author of La Ultima Niebla (The Last Fog), former Chilean president Patricio Aylwin, tennis player Nicolás Massú and Slayer vocalist Tom Araya - what more could you want. One thing I know is that I knew about none of these people before the GCC, so as my girth recinds my knowledge expands!


Should you want to visit this area, then here is some useful information Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar
Steps today only 8.700 - still good considering I did not walk the Millie dog this morning!!!

No comments: