5 July 2008

Coffee anyone

PC and I walked to our favourite newsagent to invest in our retirement plans (lotto ticket) and then looked for somewhere for PC to have lunch - I had already eated my stuffed capsicum and had a cup of green tea, while watching the National Press Club presentation on the draft climate change review by Ross Garnaut.


We ended up at the round house, officially called Bible House in Garema Place, which once used to sell lots of Christian "stuff". I came here last week with DT for lunch, as I wanted to eat somewhere different from Cafe Essen.



As I have mentioned elsewhere the weather in Canberra is cold, and today it is unusually overcast and grey (no rain of course). We wanted to eat indoors - only the foolhardy and smokers sit outside at this time of year. Bible House is now a cafe called Bardeli's, with second hand books around the wall that you can purchase, to go with your coffee and food. The food is cheap and basic, but good. PC had a ham, cheese and tomato toastie with tea and I had a capuccino.



The waiters and waitresses appear to be learning their trade, so we wonder if it might be training place for either Christians or new immigrants.
Mondo.

No comments: