22 April 2008

Horton Hears a Who

MLR and her friend Mickey and Myself planned to see Horton Hears a Who on Monday. There were three children in the end as AJR decided to grace us with his presence, although he sat up the back by himself. My friend Sue B also joined us for the movie and lunch afterwards. Sue is excited about moving to the coast this week, plus retiring (again)!
MLR ran into a friend last week who had just seen this movie, Maddie gave MLR the Horton mask, hence this delightful photo. The mask also hides a self hair cut!

For an adult watching a kids movie it was ok. There was not enough rhyming in it for me, not Seuss enough! From what AJR told me of his read of the book in Dymocks he did not think that the movie reflected the book.

I am a member of Hoyts club, which means that they send me offers every now and then. I managed to get tickets to Horton for $8.00 per person (instead of $11 for the kids and $14.50 for me). I bought the food and drinks before hand, popping the corn in the microwave before we left home. It all felt quite frugal.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Just wanted to let you know that Alex and I have started blogs.