25 September 2008

Bill Bailey

On Saturday 13 September four of us went to see Tinselworm - Bill Bailey's one man show. JR and I met K and T at Dylan Moran's show a year ago - I remember seeing them in the distance at interval. We caught up with them to discover that we were all Black Books fans. In May this year, T rang me at 6pm one night to tell me that Bill was touring and how with a special code I could get advance tickets - after much discussion and hilarity, I managed to book us tickets, which I kept secret from JR until a couple of weeks before the show.




We went to an Indian restaurant in town for dinner before the show, and then walked back to the Royal Theatre for a drink before the show started.

Bill is a classically trained musician and was able to combine comedy with a range of music and musical instuments all of which he played well.

I have not belly laughed so much in a long time. If you get an opportunity to see him then, grab it with both hands.

Mondo

No comments: